PHUENTSHOLLING | THIMPHU | PUNAKHA | PARO
What is included in the tour
- 07 Nights’ Accommodation on Double / Twin / Triple sharing basis
- Meal Plan: 07 Breakfast & 07 Dinner at hotel during the entire trip. 07 Lunch will be served at Hotel / Enroute local Restaurant (Food will be served as per the Hotel’s Fixed Menu with Local Flavour).
- All transfers & Sightseeing will be done by 01 Toyota Coaster / Similar category vehicle as per Itinerary on point to point basis.
- Tour Manager
- 01 English speaking Guide during the sightseeing Bhutan Part.
- Bhutan Permit.
- Toll Taxes, Parking charges, Fuel & Driver Bhata as per Itinerary.
- All the presently applicable Hotel Taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Train / Air fare.
- Any Meals other than that is mentioned.
- Any Extra transportation.
- Covid – 19 Test Cost, any Medical / Quarantine Cost.
- Sustainable Development Fees for Bhutan (INR 1200.00 / Person / Day for Indian National).
- Govt. Service Tax.
- Cable Car Ticket / Gondola Ride.
- Increased Fuel Cost.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Cost for Extra soft drinks, liquors, beverages, packaged drinking water, meals/snacks etc apart from the one mentioned above.
- Any expenses of personal nature like insurance, laundry, liquor, tips, telephone bills, room service, mini bars, Porters, any other optional/additional tours etc.
- Any Entry Fees, Camera charges, boat ride charges, Adventure & water sport charges, Rope Charges, Extra guide charges, extra sightseeing etc.
- Any expenses caused due to unforeseen circumstances & reasons beyond our control such as train/flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, landslide, roadblock, bad weather, heavy rains etc.
- Any other tax/service charge / supplement / compulsory Gala Dinner that could be enforced during select dates as desired by the hotel authorities will be extra & need to bear by you.
- Anything not mentioned in the head - “Inclusions”.
PHUENTSHOLLING | THIMPHU | PUNAKHA | PARO
DAY 01: NEW ALIPURDUAR – PHEUNTSHOLING (ABOUT 62 KM / APPROX 2.5 HRS DRIVE):
Meet & Greet on arrival at New Alipurduar Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Pheuntsholing – The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India, Pheuntsholing (also sometimes spelled Phuntsholing) is the second largest town in Bhutan (population around 40,000) and is located on the Indian border, next to the town of Jaigaon . Evening free. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 02: PHEUNTSHOLING TO THIMPHU (APPROX 178 KM/6-7 HRS DRIVE):
Breakfast at the hotel. On 09 a.m onwards permit has to be obtained at Department of Immigration (Permit procedure may take times). After Permit, drive to Thimphu. On the way, visit Kharbandi Gumpha, Confluence of Paro Chu & Thimpu Chu. On arrival at Thimphu check in at the hotel. Overnight in Thimphu.
DAY 03: THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING:
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m) includes National Memorial Chorten – This Stupa was built in 1974 in the memory of Bhutan's third King, His Late Majesty, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who is popularly regarded as Father of modern Bhutan; Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang), visitors can get a good overview of the Thimphu valley from here; Chang Gangkha Monastery, the oldest temple in the valley; Takin Zoo, Preserve Centre of Takin - National Animal of Bhutan.
Afternoon proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 2:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m) includes Changlimthang Stadium & Archery ground ; The Jungshi handmade paper factory ( Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Govt. Holiday), that uses traditional methods to produce the authentic Bhutanese paper known as Deh-sho; Institute for Zorig Chusum Commonly known as 13 Arts & Crafts School or Painting School ( Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Govt. Holiday),where students learn 13 different arts used predominantly in Bhutan and local crafts shops. Overnight in Thimphu.
DAY 04: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA / WANGDUE SIGHTSEEING (77 KMS / 3 HRS):
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang (4,300 ft.), via Dochu-La-Pass (10,170 ft.). Continue towards Punakha visit Chimi Lhakhang - The Temple of Fertility built in 15th century. Also visit Punakha Dzong. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight at Punakha.
DAY 05: PARO SIGHTSEEING:
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m) includes Ta Dzong (National Museum) (open throughout the week except Govt. Holiday. Timing: from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m ) - the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings and then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong (also known as Paro Dzong) which has a long and fascinating history.
Afternoon proceed for sightseeing (Approx Time Frame: 2:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m) includes Drukgyel Dzong, the ruined fortress from where Bhutanese repelled several invasions by Tibetan armies. Later visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom. Evening stroll at Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts’ stores. Return at hotel. Overnight at Paro.
DAY 06: PARO TO PHEUNTSHOLING. DROP TO ALIPUDUAR (1-HOUR DRIVE):
After breakfast, check out from the Hotel & drive to Phuentsholing (Approx 178 km / 7 hrs drive).
DAY 07: PHUENTSHOLING – NEW ALIPURDUAR RLY STATION (62 KMS / 2.5 HRS):
After breakfast check out from the hotel and take the departure transfer to New Alipurduar Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey. Tashi Delek!